It goes back to immediately after the First World War when A.Harper. Sons & Bean LTD who were making the Bean car appointed Harold Chambers responsible for leisure activities i.e. tennis, football and cricket. Being a rugby player with the aid of the local doctor and dentist he introduced the oval ball.
In 1921-22 A. Harper Sons & Bean Ltd duly had two rugby teams printed as part of their athletic section fixture list under the presidency of Jack Bean himself. Many familiar names were included, Worcester, Camp Hill, Sutton Coldfield, Old Dixonians, Aston O.E. and Stourbridge who replaced the original fixture Hall Green, on 21st Jan 1922 when the Bean Boys won 12-0 away. To make up for the original omission Stourbridge appeared four times on the following seasons fixture list.
In 1923-24 the club changed its name to the Bean Football Club and Kidderminster, Bromsgrove and Walsall were added to the list. A major change the following year when the fixture list was issued on its own under the name Dudley Rugby Football Club. The home games had been played on the Dudley cricket ground until this time but the club was given notice to quit for the season 1926-27. Thanks to our originators we were found a pitch at the five ways Tipton near the Bean Works and reverted to the Bean Rugby Club.
1927-28 saw the name Dudley Kingswinford Rugby Club for the first time. We had found a ground in Penzer Street Kingswinford. We had our own constitution and with the aid of several donations from club members and a loan from the rugby union purchased our own ground. This was officially opened by Doctor Cove-Smith (Captain Of England) on 8th Sept. 1928.
The club closed down for the war from 1941 until the 1946-47 season. We purchased a further piece of ground in 1950 and added a second pitch and a clubhouse was opened in 1951.
To finance the leveling of the First XV pitch, we had a notorious slope, we sold an unused part of the ground and played at Himley Cricket Club for a Season.
The club continued to expand and in 1962 moved to our current home at Swindon Rd Wall Heath where we had a magnificent clubhouse, changing facilities and three pitches. The land for a Fourth Pitch was purchased later.